Re: Battle between paper and cyber version

Aug 05, 1997 08:30 PM
by ramadoss

At 09:57 PM 8/5/97 -0400, A. Safron wrote:
>----------
>> From: ramadoss@eden.com
>> Subject: Re: Battle between paper and cyber version
>> Date: Tuesday, August 05, 1997 9:01 AM
>>
>> At 09:22 AM 8/5/97 -0400, A. Safron wrote:
>> >----------
>> >
>> >When I contacted them, they sent me a very nice magazine that Gerda
>> >promptly confiscated after I'd read it.  Apparently, they have have no
>> >Lodges in Chicago, but travel to Detroit to have Lodge meetings.
>> >
>> >A. Safron
>>
>> Very very interesting.
>>
>> I wonder what made Gerda do what she did.
>
>Probably curriosity.
>>
>> At this time, the only lodge that I know of in Chicago area is the one
>> controlled by Frenchmen(with a sprinkling of Frenchwomen) and it is in
Wheaton.

>Doss, the Co-Masons have been chasing me for 25 years.  When I was in my
>twenties, I had no money for the fees and no car to get to Wheaton.  Twenty
>years later, they were ready to initiate me when I backed out.  I couldn't see
>myself traveling those dark roads from Wheaton to Chicago, around 1 am,  which
>is when the meetings let out.
>
>I've realized that Olcott's Co-Masonry is basically for those who live there or
>nearby.  If you have a burning desire to practice Masonry, you'll make
>the sacrifice and drive the distance.
>
>After 24 years of driving, I'm burnt out.  My husband is legally blind and
>I have driven him wherever he wants.  When my mother came to live upstairs
>from me, she never learned to drive and I drove here anywhere she wanted,
>especially when her health was failing.  Who drove me?  Me.  I have been sick
>as a dog and driven myself to the doc because their simply is no one else.
>Driving?  I do it a little as possible.  For me, a trip on a bus is a big
treat.

>A. Safron

Charity starts at home and you have done well.

You have not lost nothing by not joining Co-Masonry. Whatever Theosophy we
all have learnt and understood will carry us very very far.

Practical application of Universal Brother/Sister/Humanhood is what is
critically needed, IMHO.