Re: KABOOM!

Jul 15, 1997 06:09 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

A. Safron wrote:
> My insurance company claims that I may be at
> fault if the door was "hit a certain way".  Yes, it's true.
> If I see an open car door on a busy street, I go for
> that sucker and try to smash it into little pieces.:-)
> What a bunch of baloney.

	I had an accident, where I was sure the other guy was at fault. A
nearby cop pointed to the damage on my car, and showed how it
demonstrated that I had to be at fault, and suggested, since the other
car was completely unhurt, that I not report the accident, or else I
would not only lose, but I would probably get points on my license.

	The damage to the other car door may show how much time you had to
stop, how fast you were going, etc. You might not have hit the door on
purpose, but you might not have been paying attention either (yes, WE
know you were paying attention, but the insurance company doesn't).

	Bart Lidofsky