Re: THEOS-BUDS digest 237

Jul 02, 1997 12:35 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

to Anette Rivington

Dear Anette,

There are 2 things i'd like to tell you.

The kind of theosophists you describe are a mockery of what Theosophy is
supposed to be. The way you describe your own philosophy is much more like
mine, and I consider myself a real good Theosophist.

I know this is hard, because I've been that way myself, but why do you
tolerate this kind of treatment, and why do you keep on living like that?
Your husband likes it, so very evidently he's not going to change, but I
think you need to do something about the way you're living. I wouldn't stand
for what he's doing to you, beginning with paying for his debts. Where does
it stand written that you're supposed to be his slave, and not get some
enjoyment out of life for yourself, and for your kids? Start making an
enjoyable life for yourself, and never mind him. Let him take care of himself.

That's what I think, & I hope you don't mind my telling you. Incidentally,
one way of interpreting some of the Laws of Karma is that circumstances come
your way, but it's your choice to do whatever you want to do about them. The
Laws of Karma don't say that you have to take what comes lying down.

Liesel