Re: Suggestions

Jun 29, 1997 08:44 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

kymsmith@micron.net wrote:

> Bart wrote:
>
> >         Would you like it if I quoted a letter here that said, "since Doss has
> > admitted to despoiling young goats in his last letter"?
>
> DESPOILING YOUNG GOATS!!!!  God, I love this list. . .

	It's from a Marion Zimmer Bradley story. It took place in a town where
the greatest insult you could hurl on someone is to call them a
"despoiler of young goats". Ever since I read it, I have used it when I
wanted to give an example of an accusation, but make it so completely
ridiculous that nobody would mistake it for the real thing.

	Bart Lidofsky