Re: NEWS !!!

Jun 26, 1997 02:30 PM
by ramadoss

At 03:25 PM 6/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>     I just got some news about the Internet Censorship issue -- in case anyone
>is interested.
>
>[:->>>From: stockmaster@grill.sk.ca (Danny Deadlock)
>[:->>>Subject: ** Canada StockALERT **
>[:->>>
>[:->>>We rarely to an update during the day but when we do it is VERY
important to
>[:->>>many people in this group so if you are not interested in this equity
>[:->>>please bear with us as many others are.
>[:->>>
>[:->>>U.S SUPREME COURT RULED MOMENTS AGO (approx. 8:30am CST) THAT THE
>[:->>>COMMUNICATIONS DECENCY ACT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL !!
>[:->>>
>[:->>>This means one thing - the Internet CANNOT come under censorship law and
>[:->>>the Clinton Administration must now push ahead with plans to allow
>[:->>>technology to do the work (ie: Net Nanny). Clinton has stated in the past
>[:->>>he would do everything in his power to make this technology available to
>[:->>>the U.S. people and on
>[:->>>July 1 we should see what this entails.
>[:->>>
>[:->>>Implications for Net Nanny (NNS:VSE) are excellent and come
immediately on
>[:->>>the heals of the Microsoft Association last Night.
>[:->>>
>[:->>>All the major media across North America should pick up on this story
>[:->>>commencing today and will probably continue right up until the 1st. We
>[:->>>expect Gordon Ross of Net Nanny (expert in this field) to gain some MAJOR
>[:->>>media exposure.
>[:->>>
>[:->>>Danny Deadlock
>[:->>>Editor - Canada StockALERT
>[:->>>
>[:->>>DISCLAIMER: <http://www.canada-stockalert.com>
>                               ___
>                              {~ ~}
>~~~~~~~~~~oo0~(_)~0oo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>We are not all crazy --
>It is all in our heads,
>You have to seek your own salvation --
>In the end the final truth is between the lines,
>The narrow path gets harder to find --
>It is not what is done but rather a state of mind.
>
>Let There Be Light -- Always in All Ways,  e.j.}`-`{
>   http://home.earthlink.net/~ejlight/index1.html
>"On this Path effort never goes to waste and never a failure"

Thanks for the post.

Censorship and control is the inbuilt human tendency at its worst. Internet
is perhaps the greatest techological advance in human history after printing
was invented. We are going to see control based organizational structures
are going to collapse and many of those leaders who have spent their
lifetime enjoying control are going to get heart attacks and may be will
suffer depression, IMHO. Let us all have fun watching all of this unfold.

Long live Internet!!!