Nazi and Liberal Totalitarians vs. Libertarians

Jun 22, 1997 10:24 AM
by JOSEPH PRICE

I did not mean to be flippant regarding comparing Nazis and liberals (well,
maybe I did), but we all know that totalitarianism can come from the right or
left.  The Catholic Church saved souls, saved lives, but has the inquisition
as ever part of its history, although its INTENTIONS were good, God knows.

The same thing can be said of liberals who try to make people compassionate,
caring, volunteering, responsible through LAWS, COERSION, SANCTIONS, and best
of all other people's money - called TAXES.

I don't think you can force people to be compassionate and as the disaster
relief mess shows, both sides cared less for people than their own political
careers (would it have be ideology, it would have been a little more
forgiveable.)

Thus, forgiveness is the only way to karmalessness, not demanding reparations,
apologies, conforming to belief systems even as exalted as the ANCIENT WISDOM,
and less exalted ideas as  world government, beauracratic "caring" or many
other sacred cows and other bloated bovines.

My 2 cents
Keith