Re: What the issues aren't - Tom

Jun 20, 1997 06:52 PM
by Tom Robertson

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997 20:49:12 -0400 (EDT) kymsmith@micron.net writes:

>Tom wrote:

>> Even assuming the worst, what's the big deal, anyway?

>The "big deal" is that children are suffering lifelong mental and
>physical trauma.

Did that happen to any of CWL's boys?

>You said "even assuming the worst, what's the big deal?"  The
>heartlessness and callousness of such a statement is beyond words.

Even if nothing significantly damaging happened?

>However, perhaps you are so full of anger and pain at what happened >to
you, this is the way you have learned to cope.

Who does more damage - real child abusers or therapists who convince
their patients that they are full of anger and pain?

>Maybe no one cared when it happened to you - children are often
>abandoned mentally when they try to tell adults something the adult
>does not want to hear.

Or maybe I had parents who were sensible enough to realize that there was
no reason to worry about it.