Child abuse

Jun 19, 1997 01:27 PM
by kymsmith

Dear Tom,

Your rabid posts always fill me with such glee.  Well, I have something
even further to add here - which, I am sure, will royally bunch your
panties.

You wrote:

> Anything _may_ seem like abuse to a child.  Getting spanked may seem like
> abuse to a child.

The act of striking a child, animal, or adult is abuse.  Therefore,
spanking children is abuse.  Violence, even in the name of discipline,
is unacceptable.  A child being hit by an adult - and especially by one
who claims to love them - is a bewildered and frightened child.

And we wonder why our children are turning on us. . .

Kym