Re: Karma and stuff (3)

Jun 18, 1997 05:36 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <970617170721_-1463090858@emout16.mail.aol.com>,
Wildefire@aol.com writes
>This is fascinating!! This can indeed cast everything about the operation of
>the Law of Karma into a different light altogether. So, according to what you
>said above, am I correct in understanding that the multifaceted "soul" is
>cast off so to speak at the end of an incarnation and a new one created for a
>succeding incarnation? Oooops, am I even correct in assuming that the
>Kabalist viewpoint includes reincarnation?

You would be correct is understanding that such a multifaceted "soul" is
cast off ("dies") at the end of an incarnation, assuming the Kabalist
viewpoint includes reincarnation.  For most Kabalists this is the case,
though I have reservations about the manner and/or inevitability of it.

I also suspect that if an incarnating monad, on outcarnating, chooses to
retain some of its earthtime "soul" attributes and/or memories, then so
be it.  It may also choose not to reincarnate as part of the natural
order of things as a matter of regular choice, and not according to some
grand ~esoteric~ "plan."

Ignatius of Loyala taught that there are three powers of the soul: the
Memory, the Understanding, and the Will.  Of these, only Memory is true
Being.  To re-member is to connect the parts back together.  This can't
be done if we are not, as Ouspensky would have put it, "awake."

I find that I cannot accept neat and simplistic explanations for the
mysteries of Creation and being, which, in essence, the basic big 'T'
theosophical teachings are, once we get behind the jargon.

Sincerely,

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk