Re: Karma and stuff (3)

Jun 17, 1997 02:08 PM
by Wildefire

In a message dated 97-06-16 21:51:26 EDT, Alan wrote:

(quoting me)
> >The more subtle the energy (or vehicle) involved in motivating the
>  >action, the more potentially powerful the karmic reaction on the
vehicles.

>  I see a problem here in the use of the concept of "vehicles" common in
>  theosophical literature, and which I susect you are adopting (more or
>  less).

Yes, I am using the more or less theosophical concept of vehicles. :-)

> I only recogise - from practical work and experience - two
>  aspects of a human being which might be called "vehicles."  One is the
>  physical body, for which karma means that if you bang your thumb with a
>  hammer you get a sore thumb.  The other is the multifaceted "soul" which
>  I understand in Kabalist rather than Theosophical terms.  When the
>  physical thumb above gets hurt, then at the soul level we are upset
>  [like we may feel very unhappy inside, but not show it outside].

This is fascinating!! This can indeed cast everything about the operation of
the Law of Karma into a different light altogether. So, according to what you
said above, am I correct in understanding that the multifaceted "soul" is
cast off so to speak at the end of an incarnation and a new one created for a
succeding incarnation? Oooops, am I even correct in assuming that the
Kabalist viewpoint includes reincarnation?
>  >
>  At a different level than either of these "vehicles" we seem to have
>  what Theosophy probably thinks of as "Higher Manas" and Kabala as
>  (depending on the type of Kabala - complicated, innit?) Briatic
>  consciousness which may not be subject to "karma" at all.

Complicated indeed. :-) But, I've been interested in Kabala for various
reasons for quite a few years and really should get around to looking into it
further. I'm sure I'll find some good stuff on the Web, at least as a
starting point.

>  Burble burble ...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D Indeed!!!!! (ROFL, Estrella, is Rolling On The
Floor Laughing)

Lynn