Re: Karma and stuff

Jun 17, 1997 06:17 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <970617170725_-762477866@emout03.mail.aol.com>,
Wildefire@aol.com writes
>When I was working for NATO,
>the British technician I worked with told me similar stories about the air
>raids, including the terrifying whistle of incoming V2 rockets, the balloons
>used to confound enemy bombers, etc. To this day, I look upon those who
>survived the London Blitz without a permanent case of post-traumatic stress
>disorder as a truly hardy group of people.

And a very short whistle, too!  By the time you realised what it was -
BANG (unless you were on the receiving end, in which case instant
oblivion.  One of them made a direct hit on a bungalow about 3 miles
from us.  The V1 "buzz-bombs" were more frightening, as their engines
would cut in and out in the later versions, so that when you thought the
damn thing was coming down to deal some death, it suddenly started up
again, then stopped again.  Some of them even turned around and came
back towards you after you thought they had passed over ... but I guess
you heard all that as well!

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk