Re: Karma and regulation (was Regulation)

Jun 16, 1997 07:42 PM
by Tom Robertson

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997 14:27:08 -0400 (EDT) Wildefire@aol.com writes:

>When I use the term "karma" here, by the way, I'm not referring to it
>as "good" nor "bad" karma (a terminology that I have problems with
>anyway).

If karma cannot be seen as good or bad, then it is irrelevant.  Only to
the extent that karma serves as a motivating force in either pleasurably
reassuring one that what one did was good or as a disciplining force in
painfully teaching one that what one did was bad, is it relevant.  What
good would it do to understand karma if it did not change behavior?