Karma and stuff (4 - end)

Jun 16, 1997 06:28 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <970615142602_-959734712@emout12.mail.aol.com>,
Wildefire@aol.com writes
>Right action is performed out of fear and inertia rather
>than out of what is perceived from higher levels of the ego (not even
>bringing the Ego into this yet) and the evolution of humanity is, IMHO,
>slowed.

I am not at all sure that humanity "evolves" at all.  ndividuals
*develop* and may improve on what they were before developing, but
humanity? that's another story altogether.  If we were to go into all
the root-race stuff (about which I am sceptical) we might have to
consider that throughout human history there have been a number of
Humanities, some quite different from others. Different, not necessarily
more (or less) "advanced."  As Ogden Nash said (I think):

"Progress was alright once, but it's gone on far too long."

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk