Re: Patrick's stats

Jun 14, 1997 04:29 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.OSF.3.95.970614102228.23527A-100000@selway.umt.edu>,
JRC <jrcecon@selway.umt.edu> writes
>       I'm sorry but this whole discussion seems slightly bizarre when I
>step back from it - to follow a chain of logic that concludes that when a
>nation is finally armed to the teeth ... and almost every citizen has a
>weapon - is actually some mark of *spiritual stature*, some ideal that is
>a *good*, something to strive for .... well, I guess we've just thrown out
>Christ, and Buddha, and Gandhi, and the Dali Lama, and in fact the whole
>tenor of most of the greatest teachers our race has ever known.
>       I've never owned a weapon, and never will. Curiously, I've never
>needed one either ... even in Detroit.

You made my point better than I can!  I owned an air pistol as a kid. I
pointed it at a bird sitting on a flagpole (must have been around 1944)
not expecting to hit anything.  Fluke shot - dead bird - sick me.  I
dumped the gun, and never touched one again until the Navy taught me to
shoot a rifle in 1950.  I hope never to touch one again.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk