Re: Patrick's stats

Jun 14, 1997 10:44 AM
by Tom Robertson

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997 12:55:12 -0400 (EDT) JRC <jrcecon@selway.umt.edu>
writes:

>	I'm sorry but this whole discussion seems slightly bizarre
>when I step back from it - to follow a chain of logic that concludes
that
>when a nation is finally armed to the teeth ... and almost every citizen
>has a weapon - is actually some mark of *spiritual stature*, some >ideal
that is a *good*, something to strive for .... well, I guess we've >just
thrown out Christ, and Buddha, and Gandhi, and the Dali Lama, >and in
fact the whole tenor of most of the greatest teachers our race >has ever
known.

That's because you have made the mistake, which is typical of the liberal
approach, of believing that the problem is that good people might
initiate the use of weapons, when the problem is how good people should
react to bad people initiating the use of weapons.