More Stolen Secrets

Jun 10, 1997 07:04 PM
by JOSEPH PRICE

HPB talked about blinds (half-truths) to confuse the profane.  From my reading
the SECRET DOCTRINE is one big blind except if one has some intuitive
connection.  That is why I have not had the interest of who said what, and
what the sources were.

Of course, this is a very strange approach.  The opposite of say, K Paul
Johnson who has devoted a great deal of enery in tracking down the historical
sources.

I saw a biography of Sir Richard Burton on cable.  It was very interesting.
There seems to be a lot of evidence for some hoaxes to attract attention.
He is most noted for bringing the KAMA SUTRA to the west.  I sure many were
shocked.   I don't think it is a very practical book, but is an attempt for
spiritual yoga using the sex act more as metaphor.

Keith