Re: Ominous pattern

Jun 09, 1997 03:37 PM
by JRC

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Bart Lidofsky wrote:
> 	I think it's a result of the appropriation of the "New Age" concept by
> the post-modernists. If there is no such thing as objective reality, and
> all morality is based on what is pleasing to the ego, then the only
> reason not to steal is a fear of being caught.
	Well now *that's* really rich. Post-modernism is a very curious
phenomena ... its a school of philosophy that actually has far far more
people critisizing it than there are people working in it. And the
criticisms it inspires are quite often humourously irrational - people
just *love* to take shots at it. And its blamed for all manner of current
social ills ... but I think that seeing it blamed for the disappearance of
New Age books from libraries has got to set some sort of new standard.
								-JRC