The Way Ahead is probably dead

May 30, 1997 05:10 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199705301511.LAA20848@leo.vsla.edu>, "K. Paul Johnson"
<pjohnson@leo.vsla.edu> writes
>Question for Einar, or anyone who may know:
>
>When was the Warcup article published?  Was anything done in
>response to it?

It was first published in ~The Theosophical Journal~in the UK, around
the Spring of 1995, and Adam gave me permission to upload it onto the
net at the time, which I did.  I think I sent it to theos-l or theos-
buds as e-mail, so there may be a more exact date in the archive
somewhere.  I cannot find my copy of the ~Journal~ which contained it.
My action was probably the *only* serious response to it in the UK, but
there was a lot of support from emergent TI members and other theos list
readers at the time.

~The Theosophical Journal~ in England behaves as though internet
facilities do not exist.  When I was still a member, I sent in a number
of reports (by fax) of net activity and expressly mentioned theos-l etc.
Nothing was published, and I was in fact very badly treated by my own
Lodge, being among other things summarily dismissed by Lodge
presidential fiat [illegal under the rules] for promoting the Internet
and Theosophy International ("A rival organisation").

YUK.

SFAIK, Adam Warcup, like myself, is no longer a member of the Adyar-
based TS, along with an increasing number of Brits who are pissed off
with the attitude taken by those in "command" of the English Section,
which had only 1313 members left on the last count in the Spring of
1996.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk