Re: Monad as Consciousness

Mar 30, 1997 10:13 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 06:07 PM 3/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Here is my 2 cents worth. Monad, to me, appears to be simply a concept and
>>we tend to extrapolate physical conceptions to a nonphysical concepts that
>>no one has a first hand knowledge of. So we can, each in our own way, but
>>speculate. We all can just hope someday in a future manvantara we may get
>>know first hand what it is all about. Until then, I am going to wait for
>it.
>>Have of lot backlog of things on earth to take care of in the meanwhile.
>
>Doss, thanks for sharing.  Personally, I don't see the monad as just a
>concept.
>I see it as G de P described it--a consciousness center.  We don't have
>to wait until the next manvantara, or even the next life to experience
>this.  A little meditation is all we need.  Just think of consciousness
>without any attributes or characteristics--pure or naked consciousness--
>and you pretty much have the idea.  As long as you hold onto concepts
>you won't ever experience pure consciousness.
>
>Jerry S.
>Member, TI

Dear Jerry: Thanks for sharing. There are so many things in the world --
seen and unseen -- that I do not know of. So I try to keep an open mind.

The point I was trying to highlight was the difficulty in trying to bring
down to physical level and explain some of the non physical things that
cannot be explained -- can only be experienced.

..doss