Monad as Consciousness

Mar 29, 1997 06:18 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>Here is my 2 cents worth. Monad, to me, appears to be simply a concept and
>we tend to extrapolate physical conceptions to a nonphysical concepts that
>no one has a first hand knowledge of. So we can, each in our own way, but
>speculate. We all can just hope someday in a future manvantara we may get
>know first hand what it is all about. Until then, I am going to wait for
it.
>Have of lot backlog of things on earth to take care of in the meanwhile.

Doss, thanks for sharing.  Personally, I don't see the monad as just a
concept.
I see it as G de P described it--a consciousness center.  We don't have
to wait until the next manvantara, or even the next life to experience
this.  A little meditation is all we need.  Just think of consciousness
without any attributes or characteristics--pure or naked consciousness--
and you pretty much have the idea.  As long as you hold onto concepts
you won't ever experience pure consciousness.

Jerry S.
Member, TI