Monads, exoteric vs esoteric

Mar 28, 1997 04:53 PM
by Titus Roth

"Jerry Schueler" <gschueler@netgsi.com> wrote:

> Again, this is a highly exoteric version of what really goes on.
> I, for one, think that its time a deeper and more esoteric story is told.
> The idea of Earth being a schoolhouse and that monads come here to learn
> lessons has enough truth in it to be pernious, but misses the real
> reasons for incarnation.  As I have said many many times, the idea
> that monads need "lessons" or can somehow improve or go "higher"
> is silly enough to make me laugh, and I get depressed when I realize
> just how many folks fall for this stuff.  Maybe something like cloning
> is what the TSs need to rethink their positions--which are not really
> "wrong" so much as surface, shallow, trite, and in need of some
> deeper substance.

My interpretation:

Perhaps revealing again my profound and wondrous gaps in theosophical
knowledge, I'll loosely translate Monad as soul.  The soul being a portion of
God is perfected, but it initially it has no vehicle to carry it. Slowly a
vehicle in the material world develops - initially gross, but with evolvement
more and more refined. It is the *vehicle* which requires the lessons on how
to "embody" the soul. In eternal time, the "body" reflects the brightness
which animates it.