Re: Skeptics

Mar 08, 1997 06:46 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

K. Paul Johnson wrote:
> Bart, I see a residue of true believerism in your attempt to
> rescue SD anthropogenesis.

	Or, I treat it as a fun intellectual exercise...

> Intellectual honesty, IMO, requires
> us to admit that it's just plain wrong from top to bottom.

	Or allegorical.

	Or (and my official position in Theosophical circles) that what she
received was the truth, but she had her own mindset to deal with, and
what we have received was the truth having passed through her own
filtering mechanisms. For example, in the country of the blind, a person
gains sight for one day. How does he describe color to his countrymen?
(This, by the way, is where postmodernist philosophy and techniques
actually do some good, as it is analyzing the place of the ego in areas
where the ego has a great deal of relevance).

	Bart Lidofsky