Re: [terms of ref.and Q's]

Feb 25, 1997 04:15 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Benjamin Mark Pybus wrote:

> MKR,
>
> Why on earth would Rukmini call herself an arhat,if it were patently untrue?

     Back in 1920s there was a time that several people called themselves
arhats and it was a joke. A real arhat would not even give a hint of it.

> I've been reading Transactions of Blavatsky lodge where Blavatsky mentions
> "Mahat is the divine Ideation on our plane." To which plane is she
> referring? The Cosmic physical plane? Our physical plane? Or the astral
> plane where much of humanity is unconscious of, but where we all work?
>
> What is ULT some people talk of? It sounds like some processed milk, or
> something very painful!

ULT - United Lodge of Theosophists is one of the organizations in the
Theosophical Movement. They have centers in many countries and some one
will post a detailed msg on it.

> Is it Ernest Wood that wrote "Candles in the Sun"? Is it still in print?

  It was written by Mrs. Lutyens who was a close person to Krishnamurti.

> Why did Arundale ignore K.'s writing if it is/was acknowledged by
> Theosophists that he was the new World Teacher?

    Who can tell. The fact of the matter is that even today there is a
large segment of members of TS who have been benefitted by K's writings.

> When was Blavatsky kicked out of TS(Adyar) and why?
>
> Why is Bailley so disliked by the ESer's when she referred to Blavatsky's
> Work in many of her texts?
>
> Could you give a list of Sri Rams' books?Why is the ES studying these?

Some one who has a copy of the TPH catalog may be able to get a list. I
don't think he wrote many books.

> If Dr. Besant was an Initiate as many seem to suggest why did she have to
> rely on Leadbeater's clairvoyance? Did she not have the faculty well enough
> developed?!

    Good question. The only thing I got from reading many things written
about her is that she was a great orator, a great organizer and a very
helpful and kind person.

> Love and Light
>
> Ben

MKR