On: "digest 209 - Bible symbolism"

Feb 23, 1997 04:12 PM
by E. J.

Martin,

     You obviously have a very good mastery of interpreting the symbolism of The
Bible -- you have studies much and it is to your credit.   Scriptures (not only
Christendom's claimed Bible, but rather All Scriptures) were written down so
that they could be preserved for posterity until mankind was ready Inwardly to
understand them.

[:->>	Right on, E.J!
[:->>The symbolism of the Bible has been studied in-depth by Ralston Skinner
[:->>in his ~Source of Measures~ using Gematria. It is a very insightful book
[:->>to study (you probably have studied it).

[:->>	Are there any expositions of this, besides the theosophical ones and
[:->>Skinner's
[:->>one that you know of? I'm wondering if a seeker would have trouble in
[:->>finding some
[:->>good exposition of these hidden meanings in book-form if s/he went to a
[:->>bookstore.

     I think that there is not a single book that one could point to and attest
that it may be THE BOOK to look for in one's Understanding of Symbols of
Scriptures.   The Path is narrow, yet the Gate is very Wide so one must Search
everywhere in all schools of thought including the sciences if one Seeks
Eldorado.

[:->>	 You're not the first one to mention this. Blavatsky, Skinner, Kuhn &
[:->>others
[:->>have written extensively on these things.

     And I will not be the last.

[:->>Could you explain to me the
[:->>hidden meanings
[:->>of the twelve tribes of Israel? I think these typify the twelve signs of
[:->>the Zodiac and
[:->>may have to do with twelve fundamental vibrations-energies that make up the
[:->>human
[:->>being, but I've had little opportunity to study these extensively.

     I will get into this at a latter date.

[:->>	You mean that you found an interpretation pertaining to consciousness,
[:->>etc.
[:->>or did you make the interpretation yourself? I mean, if the first is the
[:->>case then
[:->>students of this reference Bible will realize fairly soon  that there's far
[:->>more
[:->>than a dead-letter interpretation of the Bible.

     I, like yourself and many others, would like to find a True Interpretation
of "Inner Consciousness" though many write about it.   The fact of the matter is
that one Unfolds Inner Consciousness as a result of Study and Application and
Meditation -- that is, Study to gain information and Apply that information to
see if it indeed is applicable and Meditate on the application of the
information to see if it indeed is in the Natural Flow of the Cosmos.   After a
while, one unfolds an Insight of the Natural Flow as well as into Information
and Applications and the practice of Meditation.   One also Understands that
Study and Application and Meditation are not exercises but rather a State of
Mind that is always about one in whatever one is viewing or thinking about.
One also realizes that this Consciousness can be talked 'about' but can not be
'told' -- it is something that must be Experienced in order to be realized.

[:->>	Yup. BTW, what is the Pilgrims Progress? Is it the progress of the tribes
[:->>of Israel from Egypt to Israel?
[:->>Did you study Alvin Boyd Kuhn on that?

     I will try to locate that little volume -- but, are we not "Pilgrims" --
"He met a pilgrim shadow -- 'Shadow', said he, 'Where can it be -- This land of
Eldorado?"

Only a giant can comprehend
a giant's strength, a dwarf can
at best have only a very vague
and imperfect idea of giantly might.

Let There Be Light -- Always in All Ways,  e.j.}`-`{
http://home.earthlink.net/~ejlight/index1.html
"Only two things are infinite,
the universe and human stupidity --
and I'm not sure about the former" - A. Einstein