Re: Some Responses to Tom

Jan 28, 1997 07:25 PM
by Tom Robertson

Jerry Schueler wrote:

>each subjective I has its own objective Not-I.  The fact that a lot of people
>see the same object is the result of the overlapping of Not-I's.

I am not clear what you mean by this.  To call similar perceptions of
different people coincidence seems absurd, so I consider it likely
that you mean something different than that.  Is "overlapping of
Not-I's" different from objective reality?  I can see how perceptions
of different subjects overlap due to their both perceiving the same
reality.

>these "laws" are the agreements that we monads made
>at the beginning of this life wave through Globe D of the Earth Planetary
>Chain.

Was this agreement made consciously?  Are you saying that you believe
that the laws of, say, karma and gravity could have been different if
we had decided to make them different?