Re: Bing Escudero etc.

Jan 14, 1997 08:20 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 05:24 PM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 05:46:15 -0600
>> From: ramadoss@eden.com
>> To: theos-l@vnet.net
>> Subject: Re: Bing Escudero
>>

>> >Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 00:06:49 -0500 (EST)
>> >From: Lmhem111@aol.com
>> >To: theos-l@vnet.net
>> >Subject: Re: THEOS-L digest 820
>> >
>> >JRC, you make a fine defense for Bing. I agree with the merits of your
>> >argument that the TSA did him a terrible injustice for which someday it will
>> >reap the Karmic consequences. HQ claimed he was not qualified for the office
>> >of president yet he was the National President of the Phillipine Section at
>> >one time. I hope an object history of the TS will one day be written which
>> >will include that whole unsavory episode about Bing. You certainly won't
find
>> >it in 100 YEARS OF THEOSOPHY by Joy Mills. Someone on the Board told me that
>> >there was something in Bing's personal background which the BOD couldn't
>> >reveal. I don't know what that means? A scandal of some sort? What?
>> >
>> >LunarPitri
>> >

>>      Very interesting. This is the first time I hear about this angle of the
>> story. The probability is that if this is really true, then the likely hood
>> of this whatever is having been leaked out is very high. It would be very
>> interesting to hear if there is someone else who may have heard of any
>> similar statement. The enormous extent to which they went to change the
>> bylaws etc seem to indicate that the real reason was not his prior
background.

>>      I Trust it is true. But would like to verify.
>>
>> MKR
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 15:15:17
>> From: be94bmp@brunel.ac.uk (be94bmp)
>> To: theos-l@vnet.net
>> Subject: Re: Objective/Subjective?
>>

>Bing Escuedero currently resides in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and he continues to
>enjoy a reputation as a fine speaker and lecturer on theosophical
>subjects.
>
>I would completely discount any rumors or inuendos attacking the
>reputation of this very fine gentleman.  Were there anything to such
>stories, his enemies would no doubt have long since spilled the beans.
>The reference is undoubtedly to one of those scurrilous inuendos which
>plague this purgatorial realm, of which a number of additional examples
>could be adduced, to our sad regret.

        After Annie Besant died, the Presidency was up for "democratic"
election and the two who ran were Ernest Wood and George S Arundale.

        Somehow some one *claimed* to have brought some message from on high
that claimed that the Real Founders of TS wanted GSA to be elected as the
next president.

        Of course the election machinery was in set in full action behind
the scenes -- one of the most active being C Jinarajadasa and GSA won the
election. There was an attempt to smear Wood for some statement claimed to
have been made by him. This was some time after the frenzied pace in which
many were supposed to have been put on a fast track initiatiation and some
of them claimed to have received the 5th initiation.

        After the election, Wood was in effect banished and boycotted and
moved from Adyar and lived in the USA. I am told that at that time, the TSA
leaders who were of course following the party line would not even send Wood
on any lecture tour as he was not considered as an *approved* (party line?)
lecturer. I believe there is some parallel to Bing's case.

        Any serious student should try to get hold of Wood's book "Is this
Theosophy". One will get to understand a lot of what went on and the
dynamics of how action in election matters was going on behind the scene
orchestrated by CJ from Adyar, who had access to a number of mailing lists
around the world due to his active participation in *occult* matters,
masonic activities, Order of the Star of the East etc. etc.

        BTW Wood was a very dedicated worker and went to India at his own
cost and subsisted with his own funds for several years and was secretary to
CWL. He travelled and lectured widely and was very active is setting up a
chain of schools and colleges in India. Even before he went to India, he was
in contact with some real high source by his own efforts. His book on the
Seven Rays was the first one ever to be published on the subject and even
today TPH is making money on printing and selling it.

        The book "Is This Theosophy" is extremely rare to find and if anyone
has a copy to sell, let me know.

MKR