Humbleness

Jan 10, 1997 09:01 AM
by Thoa Tran

Doss:
>I am in the fortunate situation of having to consult with my
>clients both with their business and even personal matters.

All my tax preparer does is request a bottle of Scotch as tip.  I'll have to
ask him whether he would also be my therapist.  S=o)

>Basically I am a doer; sometimes it may get me into trouble. >But when you
have the welfare and best interests of other
>person or persons or organizations in your heart, and you act,
>the act itself the right action and I hope love is
>automatically is the driving force.

The best thing is to do what feels right in your heart.  Who knows what the
consequences will be?  I wonder how the world would be if everyone sets out
one day a week dedicated to helping others.  I think it would impact not
only the ones being helped, but also the doer.  This goes beyond just
donating money, but getting involved physically.  I have a question, though.
Sometimes people perform altruistic acts with no altruistic motives.  For
example, people often donate to get tax write offs.  Is there a tax write
off for "doing"?

TTT