Two Brief Observations

Jan 10, 1997 08:51 AM
by Richard Trump

-- [ From: Richard Trump * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

As a newcomer to the list I have mostly been lurking to see how things ran
here, now have 2 comments.

Re Boston Lodge-  I can't say I have learned a huge amount about this issue,
but I have seen huge amounts of bandwidth spent on personal infighting.
Other philosophically oriented lists I am on would have told the
participants to take it to personal e-mail by now, but I guess we  have no
moderators here (and perhaps little moderation!). Each group seems to have a
life and personality of its own. Still, it is hard to just hit the delete
key, sort of like slowing down to watch an accident, or viewing a street
brawl.  Chains and knives anyone?

Re Humbleness-  Thoa Tran said:
>"I am following each brush line of this painting.  I am building >slowly
each stroke.  One day, all these strokes will be a painting, >but for now, I
am enjoying each stroke," or to say, "Today, I am >mopping the floor.  I am
taking my time mopping the floor.  I am >not going to think of how the rest
of the house needs organizing." > It is alright to be humble by being simple
. This was a very basic >Buddhist tenet, but I never truly understood it
until now.

This, as well as the rest, was very nicely stated.  I have a good deal of
pruning of roses and fruit trees to do this weekend, which is an art in
itself, as well as house cleaning. I will think back on what you said as a
good reminder of being in the moment with joy.

Pax,
Richard Trump
Even as Truth, does Error have its lovers.

Pythagoras