Re: TS Corruption

Dec 15, 1996 05:57 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 02:06 AM 12/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>At 06:16 AM 12/15/96 +0000,  "m.k. ramadoss" <ramadoss@eden.com> wrote:
>
>>    Do you know we even have one person on the Board of Directors who has
>>*the* unique position of suing Krishnamurti (yes K was sued by this
>>person and few others) ? Of course very few people know about it, and it
>>is even possible you may have met this person.
>
>I recall reading that K was not allowed on the property at Adyar, but a
>lawsuit is news to me.  For what did they sue him?

   There was a lawsuit in which the KFA Trustees and California Attorney
General as plaintiffs sued the previous Krishnamurti Trusts and the
Trustees. The Trusts and Trustees in turn counter sued. Later on there was a
law suit by the Trustees against K and some others for some statement he
made about the Trustees. The law suits went on for eighteen years making
some lawyers very rich. The money donated for K's work ended up with lining
the pocket of lawyers. There was a time that K himself was not allowed to
use the property in Ojai which was set up for his work.

BTW, I believe K did not go into the TS property at Adyar out of his own
choice and it was not a question of his not being allowed in. He was always
highly respected and regarded by Theosophists of every shade in India --
which is so even to this day.

As an additional info, one of those sued by in the suit by CA Attorney
General and other plaintiffs is now sitting on the Theosophical Investment
Trust. What an irony?

Truth is stranger than fiction.

MKR