Re: fruitism

Dec 15, 1996 05:48 AM
by Tom Robertson

At 12:07 AM 12/14/96 +0000, JRC <jrcecon@selway.umt.edu> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Dec 1996 Drpsionic@aol.com wrote:
>
>> The good Lucifer know's I've been trying to stay out of this mess, but
>> reading the header on this exchange I can't help wonder how many of us who
>> have been on the list for a while aren't starting to wonder what we would be
>> reading if a certain princely friend of mine were still around.
>> Hoo Hah!  Would the fireworks be going off!
>>
>> (Remember the fruitcake flap?)
>>
>> Just try to keep it civil and not threaten physical violence.
>>
>> Chuck the Heretic
>>
>It *would* be cool if Alexis was still around. He's as far on the left as
>the "dominator"  is on the right. And he wouldn't have gotten bored as
>quickly as most of the rest of us have. (I mean, geez, if someone's gonna
>throw down an intellectual gauntlet so we can have a little fun, they
>ought to at least have some sort of weaponry to make it an interesting
>game - the Rush Limbaugh subplane of the astral plane gets kinda dull
>pretty quickly).
>
>Say Chuck, have you spoken with Alexis lately? Just how the devil *is* he
>doing anyway? I half expected to see him fomenting revolution outside the
>Republican National Convention this summer.
  					-JRC

I have already tangled with Alexis in a newsgroup, and for much more
innocuous statements than I have made on this list, which he did not begin
to understand, he was far more insulting to me than anyone has been here,
calling me, among many other gems, "a blithering idiot."

When I respond to personal attacks, it is based on the optimism that my
response has a reasonable chance of playing a positive role in cleaning up
the mess.  But with Alexis, I am already mostly convinced that he is beyond
my power to do much about.
It does not surprise me to learn that he has been involved on this list
before.  I can still see his spirit around.  It also does not surprise me to
hear that his politics is of the far left.  Those who believe in extreme
egalitarianism are notorious for how they regard those who dare to make
comparisons as inferior.