One Day In Peace, January 1, 2000

Nov 14, 1996 03:58 PM
by Art House

Steve Diamond:
>ONE DAY IN PEACE, JANUARY 1, 2000.   this is a concept for 24-hours where
>no guns are fired anywhere on earth, including on television!  what if for
>24 hours, whosoever happens to be at war on Dec. 31, 1999, agrees that for
>one whole day no guns will be fired?  The silence would be golden.

Something very simple and yet most difficult to do, considering such
things as revenge and money...even a place of worship is not safe from
bombings and murder.  However, perhaps the unity and spreading of
thought would be such that world leaders and influential individuals
will help in the ONE DAY IN PEACE.  I'm reminded of a news article
regarding intolerance in communities, with the rise of Neo-Nazis,
Skinheads, etc.  Most communities chose to just shake their heads
without doing anything concrete about it.  However, one community chose
to show solidarity and support for the victims.  For example, if a
Jewish store was attacked, everyone put a Star of David on their door.
The community also chose to actively chip in to erase any racist
epithets.  Let's hope for a peaceful January 1, 2000.

TTT  =o)