Re: 1996

Nov 07, 1996 05:36 AM
by Patrick Alessandra Jr.

>      To the best of my knowledge, the taxes were raised on very high
> income individuals and the tax hike did not affect rest of the taxpayers.

     Taxes were effectively raised on most people who make over $30,000
a year and certain taxes which effect everyone were implemented.  Also
taxes were raised on most social security recipients.  The main point is
that very significant committments were broken.

> These very high income taxpayers are the ones who could afford to pay
> extra taxes.

     Actually taxing very higher incomes does not generally result in
those individuals paying more in taxes -- it effectively translates into
fewer and lower paying jobs.

     The issue of taxation is a very important one theosophically and
esoterically.  The coercive use of money is contrary to fundamental
principle and a barter/sharing economy is what is emphasized by the
Mahatmas.
See http://uusers.aol.com/aprioripa/ecosolu.html

--
***  A.Priori  /  6524 San Felipe #323  /  Houston, TX  77057    USA
***  aprioripa@aol.com  /  http://users.aol.com/psychosoph/home.html