Re: Tedious

Nov 06, 1996 06:14 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Ann E. Bermingham wrote:

> KPJ:
> >Ann, a friend, commented yesterday that she found the whole
> >subject of the Masters' reality tedious.  Although in fact I
> >have come to the same point after years of devoted attention, I
> >question the wisdom of saying such things on the list.  Saying
> >"I find this discussion tedious" is what
> >psychologically-oriented friends of mine call a "shut-down
> >remark."  The implication is, "And boring me is against the
> >rules, so drop it."
>
> I have never been so hurt by anyone's post than yours.
> I spent weeks posting privately with you and listening to
> the problems between you and TS because of your book.
>
> Yet, somehow, you have misconstrued my remark to make
> it sound like I was asking the list to stop discussing the Masters.
> Since the day I logged on Theos-l, it has never been of topic
> of interest with me and I have stated that before, but that is
> strictly a personal opinion.  When we
> were debating gender-neutral language, Doss posted that
> he thought it time for us to move onto other things and
> someone chided him for that.  The someone who is
> usually doing that chiding is the person who has an
> intense interest or personal stake in the subject and
> doesn't want it dropped.  I suppose I struck a nerve
> when I said that it was tedious to me, while you
> were probably just wheeling down
> the runway with it and ready to take off.
>
> I assure you that I had no intention of sabotaging
> your discussion of the Masters or your book.
> My opinions are strictly my own and only pertain
> to my interests.
>
> -Ann E. Bermingham

Ann: I think the one thing that is uniting all of us is the our common
interest in the welfare of the humanity and all of us are in our own way
to a smaller or larger extent contributing to this objective to the best
of our abilities. From this point of view, at least for me all other
matters are secondary. I personally don't think that the real Founders
do really care what we think of them so long as we are keep our focus on
the welfare of humanity and all other living beings. Of course many of us
who have been benefitted by such publications as The Mahatma Letters etc
may feel a great sense of gratitude to the Authors and such gratitude is
something very individual and personal. As I mentioned some time ago, let
us move on and find out what each one of us can do to help the Humanity.

..MK Ramadoss