The New Improved Version ....

Oct 22, 1996 05:03 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.OSF.3.95.961022100415.15740A-100000@selway.umt.edu>,
JRC <jrcecon@selway.umt.edu> writes
>On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Ann E. Bermingham wrote:
>>
>> IMHO, I think it's going to take a lot of struggle to give birth to a new
>> and improved TS.
>>
>YES! .... IMO the TS is approaching, over the next few years, a point of
>bifurcation - it will either make a large scale shift and decide to serve
>the humanity of the 21st century, adapting what it has to the context and
>terms of a world very different than the one in which it was born ... or
>it will become one of those many many organizations that served their
>purpose in a particular era, but proved incapable of adjusting to the
>inevitable flow of evolution ... and will become a crystallized husk that
>atrophies and eventually dissolves.
>                                                               -JRC

As things stand, it looks like becoming the husk.  Some of us (like thee
and me and a few others) are working for change, but are there enough of
us to make a real difference?  Not yet, it seems. Some of us have hopes
that TI will develop into an agent -or a catalyst -  for the needed
changes, but to date there are simply not enough of us.  No doubt, as
time passes, the nature and work of TI in this impulse will itself
change, but for that to happen we need to *recruit* more people to the
work of change.  A LOT more people.

Most of the list discussions are between theosophical people who already
have a fair idea of what theosophy is about, and in consequence even the
theos-lists - with all the rebelliousness we exhibit - must seem very
insular to a total stranger to theosophical ideas.

Ann is right - it will take a lot of struggle to "rebirth" a TS
organisation that is meaningful for the 21st century.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk