Re: Language

Oct 21, 1996 08:54 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Bart Lidofsky wrote:

> 	Michael Gomes is making a career of updating the language of the
> Primary Literature, and we're lucky enough to have him as the librarian
> at the NYTS. I just tried to convince him to monitor these lists on the
> NYTS Internet account (people have enough trouble understanding my own
> opinions here without having them figure out a split personality between
> my own account and being the official representative of the NYTS).
> Unfortunately, he's too busy with his other projects.

Bart:

It takes quite some time to really get a feel for the power of Internet.
It took me several months to really fully explore the possibilities.
Give some time for Gomes and soon he will find out for himself.

>From what I have seen, Internet is addictive - addiction for good.

MKRamadoss

PS: Some months ago I was in a book store exploring some computer books
and I got into conversation with a couple of guys browsing some of the
books and when I inquired about some information the said they will send
me, they did not even ask my name or where I live or what I do. All they
wanted to know was my e-mail address. It is a very telling example of
where Internet communication is going.