Re: We are all people

Oct 20, 1996 03:49 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199610201146.HAA21278@envirolink.org>, John Straughn
<JTarn@envirolink.org> writes
>I am not debating with
>those who are changing the words so that humanity will better understand the
>literature of the past, I am arguing with those who are changing the word(s)
>because they feel that their gender is being demeaned.

How about taking on board the notion that the people who feel their
gender is being demeaned feel that way because their gender *is* being
demeaned?  And if people feel their gender is being demeaned by
theosophical terminology, then out of a regard for human feelings, out
of a genuine sense of community  - the kind of community spirit which
the founders' use of the term "brotherhood" was intended to convey, but
which is increasingly inappropriate - why should we *not* agree that it
is time for a change? *Is such a change going to HARM anyone?*

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk