Re: Electronic Publishing

Oct 20, 1996 03:14 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.BSD/.3.91.961019231521.1663A-100000@matrix.eden.com>,
"m.k. ramadoss" <ramadoss@eden.com> writes
>Hi
>
>As the activities of theos-xxxx expands, I see the possibility of any new
>books or pamphlets or brochures on Theosophy being published on the
>Internet for free downloading by anyone interested. Once downloaded, some
>of the users may like to get a printed copy.

Quite a number are already available on the TI hompage below.  See my
other post on another list.

>>From what I have seen, some of the software documentation that come with
>some of the free downloadable software are made available in two popular
>formats. One is Adobe Acrobat Format and the other is Microsoft Word
>Format. In both cases, there are free software available for viewing and
>printing the documents.
>
>Can anyone who has more knowledge in this area provide any input?

Some of the material is in WS Word, other in Wordperfect (which Word can
read) and much of it is in ASCII or HTM format.  There is a Directory
(or Folder) structure which can be used like any other directory,
similar to a user's hard disk or ftp site.  The most direct route is via

http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/DIRECTORY/

>From there, clicking on files or going back via the ".." structure will
help you to get around.  It's mostly common sense.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk