Re Sexism and Bodies

Oct 11, 1996 03:06 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>I remember reading somewhere that because male and female bodies on
>this physical plane had specific differences and were constituted
>differently, the Masters found it more convenient to use a male body to
>accomplish what they were to do. In the end male and female bodies are
>only a passing phase of evolution, they weren't the norm earlier and I
>understand they won't be the norm later on either.

Bee, I appreciate reading your thoughts.  On the matter of sex,
I can't help but think that there is more to it than just a
difference in physical bodies.  The feminine is lunar, the
unconscious, changing, etc., while the masculine is solar,
consciousness, changless, etc.  These traditional terms all
suggest a polar difference exists in thinking and attitude
as well as body.  I agree that we will both come together
in one body some day, but not until we have worked through
this whole duality business, and that is not going to
happen any time soon.  I have heard Masters say that women
are natural mystics while men have to work at it.  Women
naturally accept reality, while men tend to dismiss it.
That men tend to dwell more on time than women, and so on.
What I am getting at, is that the male body is NOT the
preferred one to use by an Adept, except in the sense that
it is a male-dominated world, and that in order to spread
a message, most folks will listen to a man over a women.
HPB proved to be an exception to this rule, and deserves
credit for what she did.  A lot of female Adepts exist
who never got popular recognition, and thus remained in
the background--which is OK, because this is what they
chose to do.  Please do not think that a male body is
somehow "better" or "superior" to a woman's body insofar
as occultism is concerned.  Its probably the other way
around.

Jerry S.
Member, TI