IFs

Oct 09, 1996 04:56 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.OSF.3.90.961009095418.7290M-
100000@library.berkeley.edu>, Maxim Osinovsky <mosinovs@library.berkeley
.edu> writes
>Re: your IFs.
>
>Enlightened people are used to say it IS available and never was
>unavailable. To think otherwise means creating self-imposed barriers.
>That's a standard statement found in many spiritual books.
>
>It remains to be seen what you mean by 'understanding.' If
>you mean intellectual understaning, the answer would be: "no, we cannot
>understand it." Proof: Christian theology.

1. I claim to be an enlightened person.  I too say it IS available.

2. Statements in "spiritual" books are the opinions of the authors.

3. I have studied Christian Theology extensively.  Much of it is
intellectual, much of it is allegorical, much of it is metaphysical, and
much of it is nonsense.

4. I have found the same thing with Theosophical studies, as well as
related studies (Gurdjieff, Ouspensky, Kabbalah, etc.) over the past 40
years.

So - Christian Theology is "proof" of nothing.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk, and from homepage above.