Re: THEOS-L digest 684

Oct 09, 1996 08:57 AM
by Robert Word

----------

> Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 17:58:53 +1000
> From: "Maurice de Montaine" <mauriced@hba.trumpet.com.au>
> To: theos-l@vnet.net
> Subject: Re: THEOS-L digest 682
>
> On  7 Oct 96 at 18:31, Robert Word <theos-l@vnet.net>  wrote:
>

> > But the case of Crowley, I find difficult to understand.  As a
> > member of Anglo Saxon Lodge under Grand Loge de France, he could
> > never have been admitted to the regular (i.e. recognized) Ancient
> > and Accepted Rite in England.  Are you sure that the letter of
> > expulsion emanates from the Regular Body?
>
>      You reveal all, my brother, when you say "I find it difficult to
> understand." The point is in your knowledge and your understanding or
> lack thereof. That is why you are encountering such a difficulty.
> There is nothing essentially difficult or extrordinary about it. I
> say this respectfully rather than in a derogatory context.
>
>      Never use the word never in such a context, my friend. It is
> neither impossible nor unique. It has been done before and will be
> done again. Learn to assess each instance on its own merits rather
> than generalising too much. Both his Masonic diploma as I have stated
> and the letter of expulsion originate therefrom. I would have told
> you if it were otherwise.

Maurice, the statement "I find it difficult to understand" is only a
manner of speaking, and it refers to your preposterous statements about
Crowley, in this regard.

Crowley was never a member of a numerically large, regular, Scottish
Rite in England.  And the outfit that you are referring to was most
likely a clandestine little outfit of five or ten members, if indeed, it
had any existence outside of a paper one at all.  Such tiny little
groups are rife with politics, and no significance can be attached to
the expulsion of Crowley from it.

Incidentally, Maurice, I hold clandestine authorities for the ancient
and primative rite, and I am writing out a writ of expulsion right
now for a certain fellow in Australia for making unmasonic statements
about a brother.