Re: Sexism

Oct 09, 1996 04:04 AM
by Maurice de Montaine

On  9 Oct 96 at 0:05, kymsmith@micron.net wrote:

> If one was unfamiliar with Theosophy, the reading of the postings on
> this list would suggest that Theosophy is a belief that fosters
> chavinism
>
> There is no crime in using gender neutral language;

     While I respect your views, my dear sister, methinks genus homo,
or more specifically some thereof, have taken certain things a bit
too seriously these days and have to whatever degree gone to the
extreme. I forsooth respect both genders. Nonetheless, I'll still
utilise the masculine and feminine where it is appropriate.

     I notice, though, that those who purportedly hold to gender
neutral vocabulary often don't mind using the feminine in reference
to specific things or contexts. When people really start to
comprehend the spiritual validity of the masculine and feminine, I
assure you, they will see no harm in saying god or goddess, lord or
lady, or whatsoever legitimate appellation. Bring into context, then,
that which is out of context. Real derogative contexts are not
acceptable, however, dear sister mine, where the context is not
derogatory there is no reason to not use gender specific language.
Mankind does have its fads and trends. In our contemporary society it
has become trendy in some quarters to adhere to and push this
agenda called gender neutrality. Thankfully, these fads are
transitory. But quite a few get caught up in them.

     By the bye, perhaps we should admonish the Masters of the Great
White BROTHERHOOD also for daring to use such a gender specific name.
The name, of course, was chosen by the Brotherhood itself at a
specific period in the history of our planet and not by Blavatsky,
the Theosophists, the Rosicrucians or any other. This illustrious
Brotherhood contains within its ranks and offices those of both
genders. It does not discriminate, nor does it do away with
legitimate gender specific terms to appease ignorant humanity. And it
still retains the name as well as valid gender specific language to
this very day. There, at least, sanity reigns.

Fraternally

Maurice

* Maurice de Montaine                                                     *
* E-mail: mauriced@hba.trumpet.com.au    Postal Address:   PO Box 205     *
* Ph/Fax: Nat. (03) 6224 8105                              South Hobart   *
* Internat. +61 3 6224 8105                                Tasmania       *
*                         SALUTEM PUNCTIS TRIANGULI!       Australia 7004 *
*                       MAGNA EST VERITAS ET PREVALEBIT                   *