Re: Maitreya(sp?)

Sep 27, 1996 06:48 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, John Straughn wrote:

> Has anyone else come across this name on their newsgroups?  Supposedly,
> Maitreya is the Messiah, and he's been here since the seventies, hiding out in
> the himalayas or something.  Hehe...I don't know whether to believe it or not,
> but if what they're saying is true, we should hear his "voice" very clearly in
> our minds within the next few years....who knows?

	I have heard about it and have even seen some publications. Who
can tell if the person who claims himself as Messiah is a Messiah or not?

	Even if Messiah were to visit me today, none of my problems and
responsibilities are going to go away. I have to deal with them myself
and myself alone.

	So I will keep an open mind with a good dose of healthy
skepticism, because there is always the possibility that I may be wrong.

> btw, he's not here to destroy the world either.  He's here to bring together
> humanity.  So, even if he's not the Christ returned, he sounds like an ok guy
> to me.  Anyone got any inside information on this subject?  I'm skeptical,
> (its in my nature, I suppose), but hey, if it can be proven, esp. by the
> scientific method, I just might take some of this info. seriously.
>
> "There is no wisdom higher then truth." (I love that!)
> ---
> The Triaist

MK Ramadoss