Re: Martin's question - to Paul Johnson

Aug 26, 1996 04:35 PM
by Martin_Euser

<cut>

Paul>In less than one percent of the readings, discarnate or angelic
spirits spoke through Cayce in mediumistic fashion.  But by and
large the readings discourage Spiritualism, especially
automatic writing and ouija board use-- warning that possession
is a real danger.

	Well, I like that warning. It draws attention to the fact
that a passive receptive attitude to the 'spirits-world' can attract
unexpected guests.

Paul>As this passage indicates, psychic
experience was always regarded as less important than spiritual
awakening and mental comprehension."

	This looks a lot like the Theosophical position, doesn't it?

Paul>Hope this helps give a taste of his approach.

	Thanks for providing some insight to Cayce, Paul.
If you ever feel inclined to elaborate on this, please do so.
It saves me (and maybe others) a lot of time. At least we get a quick
impression on the work of Cayce.

Cheers
Paul

Cheers