On the Nature of Space (Theosophy & Science)

Aug 14, 1996 03:28 PM
by Patrick Alessandra Jr.

On the Nature of Space

     "The eternal parent wrapped in her ever-invisible robes had slumbered once again for
seven eternities.
     "Time was not, for it lay asleep in the infinite bosom of duration. ...
     "Alone the one form of existence stretched boundless, infinite, causeless, in dreamless
sleep; and life pulsated unconscious in universal space, throughout that all-presence which is
sensed by the opened eye of the Dangma."
                                                 The Secret Doctrine, Cosmogenesis, 27.

     Modern astronomical researchers are delving more and more into the qualities and effects
of cosmic processes. In truth space is n-dimensional and is an evolving entity about which we
are beginning to learn the A-B-C's.

     The current scientific determination that astronomical observations support the "big
bang" theory of creation is most interesting and can tell us much about modern thought and
where it is going. The observations which are being made are being interpreted in a three
dimensional spatial context. But the energies which are being observed are actually part of
etheric processes which reflect higher spatial dimensional relationships. In fact what is being
observed is a three-dimensional reflection of four and five and higher dimensional spatial
relationships. This reflection can make it appear that everything in the universe came from a
central point just as our image in a mirror appears to be flat. But the conclusions which are
being made from the observations of cosmic energies are the same as if we conclude from
observing ourselves in a mirror that we are flat. Galaxies and groups of galaxies and whole
fields of space are created by higher dimensional cosmic processes which at present cannot
even be imagined by the best minds of humanity. The great sciences of cosmic beings are as
far beyond us as nuclear physics is beyond an amoeba. Nevertheless by analogy and
correspondence we can gain some sense of the next steps in our understanding of the origins
of the universe.

     Science as a process of learning, under the impression of the intuition, will through
experimental understanding help liberate humanity from the materialistic identifications and
provide a practical means for humanity to cooperate with spatial energies.

     "... four fundamental postulates which must be admitted by the student ... as providing an
hypothesis worthy of his consideration and trial. ... These postulates might be enumerated as
follows and are given in the order of their importance:

     "I. First, that there exists in our manifested universe the expression of an Energy of Life
which is the responsible cause of the diverse forms and the vast hierarchy of sentient beings
who compose the sum total of all that is. ...

     " II. ... the one Life, manifesting through matter, produces a third factor which is
consciousness. ... This is the Theory of Self-determination or the teaching that all the lives
of which the one life is formed, in their sphere and in their state of being, become, ...,
grounded in matter and assume forms whereby their peculiar specific state of consciousness
may be realized and the vibration stabilized; thus they may know themselves as existences.
..

     "III. The third basic postulate is that the object for which life takes form and the purpose
of manifested being is the unfoldment of consciousness, or the revelation of the soul. This
might be called the Theory of the Evolution of Light. ...

     "IV. The fourth postulate consists of the statement that all lives manifest cyclically. This
is the Theory of Re-birth of or re-incarnation, the demonstration of the law of periodicity.
.." (A Treatise on White Magic, pp. 7-10.)

Love,
Patrick

***  A.Priori  /  6524 San Felipe #323  /  Houston, TX  77057    USA
***  aprioripa@aol.com  /  http://users.aol.com/psychosoph/esopsych.html