Re: Alan on reincarnation & karma

Aug 02, 1996 02:02 PM
by Bee Brown

Martin_Euser wrote:

> Martin(prev)>   Why cannot the (higher) manas within the auric egg (or field of
> >consciousness-matter) send out a ray, form a vehicle, for a new
> >manifestation?
>
> Jerry S>        Because manas is the human mind, and it is re-born each time.
> The causal body, the atma-buddhi, is the Reincarnating Ego which
> puts forth a new "ray" or manas at the beginning of each re-incarnation.
>
>         That is not the view exposed by HPB. (Higher) manas is the permanent
> individuality or reincarnating ego, while atma-buddhi is on the one hand
> the human monad (G deP teaching) and on the other hand Atma-Higher Self,
> Buddhi-spiritual soul, vehicle of Atma (HPB in the Key to Theosophy).
> Lower manas is reborn each time.
>
> Martin> Let us assume the standpoint
> >of the human monad. It manifests as a personality, has its experiences,
> >and withdraws its energy from the outer vehicle. It stores what it has
> >learned (by means of its vehicle) on this earth in its database.
> >The monad needs more experience in this life and manifests again,
> >forming a new persona, based upon previous experiences, and, the new
> >environment it is going to manifest in, etc.
>
> Jerry S>        This is the typical exoteric view of reincarnation, but not
> what was taught by HPB.  The human monad is reborn each time.
>                                    ^^^^^
>
>         I disagree. I've studied G de P on this and my understanding is this:
> each monad is spiritual essence per se, but has developed or evolved in
> different
> degrees vehicles on the planes of manifestation. These vehicles or souls
> transform
> gradually as experience is gained. It is not so much the monad that is reborn
> as that new vehicles are formed during the period of manifestation.

GdeP says that a human being is a composite being and he talks about the
evolution of life-atoms or monads in the manner that we are composed of
animal-monad, human-monad,spiritual monad,etc which are on their own
evolutionary path and it is the MONAD on the divine level that has birthed
these monads and indirectly influences them to unfold their divine
potentials. It is not easy to talk about monads unless one is careful to
qualify which monad one is talking about. These various monads would appear
to me to be what is termed the permanent atom that stores the frequencies of
previous experience on each of the levels so that the life atoms resonating
with that frequency are called into service again when the reincarnating ego
decides to return to embodiment. He says that it is the animal-monad within
our configuration now that unfolds the potential to become the human-monad in
the next manvantara and that our present human-monad was the animal-monad in
the lunar chain. It is rather complicated and takes a lot of thought to
unravel some of the links. There is a MONAD and many monads and lots of
life-atoms that are monads-in-becoming, seen from our present perspective,
all within this configuration we call a human being.

> According to G de P the evolutionary process is like a cross:
> on the vertical line there's the stream of consciousness proceeding from
> the top of a hierarchy (Silent Watcher, etc.) 'down' to the more material
> planes. This stream is being transformed or colored by the various foci
> (atman, jivatman, bhutatman, pranatman) and finds expression on the various
> subplanes. The horizontal line(s) have to do with each specific monad or
> focus of consciousness. The evolutionary process gives rise to the evolution
> of consciousness of each monad through the gradual refinement and transformation
> of its vehicles (souls) on the various subplanes.
>
> This scheme has some worth to me as I can relate to it in my experiences.
> Latent powers find expression in the human nature. It looks like the human
> being evolves his own octave within the manifold of frequencies and resonances
> with higher octaves (more evolved monads) is possible.
> I'm not sure how all these monads overlap or interconnect with each other,
> but I think they do somehow as nothing is isolated in nature.

He also uses the idea of a rope with knots in it at each plane. The atman is
the first knot and it send a ray of itself to the buddhi plane and takes on a
buddic vehicle, then the mix of them both puts forth a ray to the manas plane
and so on until the physical plane knot which has a slight touch still left
of the atman ray. This appears to be how the inner influences the outer if
the vehicles permit or are fine enough to register the influence.
Interesting conversation.
Bee