RE: VOS origins (Kim and John Mead)

Jul 30, 1996 02:31 AM
by Murray Stentiford

Replying to Keith

>Also John Mead wanted to know about the existence of the physical tablets
>of the "Kiu-Ti".   If anybody knows the latest on this, I would like to
>know also.  I have heard that they are in some library, according to Bing
>Escuedero and are under another name.  He asked the Dali Lama about them.
>I think he saw some Buddhist monks at the library where they were at.  I
>am sure someone knows more.
>I also assume that the inablility to produce these tablets in one of the
>major reasons why Blavatsky's work is not taken seriously by academics in
>archeology, philology and other disciplines,  for expample.

Keith, do you know about David Reigle's work with the Books of Kiu-Te and
his project of trying to reassemble the Book of Dzyan? He was on theos-l
early in February 1995 (yes, that far back) telling us a bit about his
research. He has spent many years on this work and accumulated thousands of
original texts, I believe.

For a glimpse of his work, see his little booklet "The Books of Kiu-Te"
published by The Wizards Bookshelf, San Diego, in 1983. He published a
leaflet called "Book of Dzyan Research Report" in May 1996, from his Easter
School Press at 3185 Boyd Road, Cotopaxi, CO 81223, USA. His phone number is
(719) 942-4602 (from the 1995 theos-l message). There's a whole school there
for the study of Sanskrit and Tibetan, to prepare students for research on
the originals.

By the way, I like the way you have tried to initiate discussion on The
Voice of the Silence. Would join in but for pressures and priorities.

Murray
Member TI and the TS in NZ