Ernest Wood

Jul 28, 1996 02:59 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199607281813.UAA24078@magigimmix.xs4all.nl>, wichm@xs4all.nl
writes
>ERNEST EGERTON WOOD.
>Are the enquirers familiar with his disillusioned book: Is this Theosophy?
>In 1936 he writes: "I learned to detest theosophical politics, with their
>hiding of everything that does not redound to the credit of those in power
>and their perpetual circles of mutual admiration, but I was left with a high
>regard for the theosophists scattered over the world as a lovable - albeit
>most innocent and childlike - body of people."
>
>MICHAEL  R.

I uploaded some sections from this book to theos-roots a while back,
mainly relating to his experience at Adyar with Leadebeater during the
writing of the "Lives."

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)