Re: He's so fine

Jul 28, 1996 03:01 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Frank:
>BTW, would you be willing to share some of your experiences concerning your
>guru? Do you feel that this was an individual who had actually attained some
>measure of self-realization or was he/she a garden variety upa-guru? Do you
>think that your association with this teacher benefitted you in some sort of
>direct spiritual way, as opposed to verbal/conceptual teachings?

A rather interesting set of questions since I saw the guru for the first time in
five years while I attended the death/rebirth ritual of one his favorite
disciples.  The disciple was considered to be next in line to take over.  He
died instantly of a cerebral hemmorage in his late forties.

It was very emotional, but in a positive way, seeing him and my old friends,
most of who are still his devoted disciples.  I have no idea if he was
"upa-guru", but I thank him from the bottom of my heart that he gave me the
knowledge and training to be where I am now.

With all you fine people in the Theosophical movement.

- Ann E. Bermingham