Re: W. Scott-Elliot on Atlantis and Lemuria

Jul 24, 1996 07:33 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199607240444.VAA20908@web.azstarnet.com>, Blavatsky
Foundation <blafoun@AZStarNet.com> writes
>James, the year is 1896.  Scott-Elliot's work entitled *Atlantis:  A
>Geographical,
>Historical and Ethnological Sketch* was published as Volume 29 of the
>*Transactions of the London Lodge of the Theosophical Society*.  Issued
>Feb. 1896.  Later that same year, it was published as a book under the
>the title *The Story of Atlantis* by the Theosophical Publishing Society
>in London.  Later I think in 1904 (?), Scott-Elliot's book *The Lost Lemuria*
>was published.

Interesting background info, Dan.  It has jogged my memory.  The title
as I used to have it before I donated it to Bristol UK Lodge (who seem
to have lost it) was "The Story of Atlantis and the Lost Lemuria" bound
in blue cloth with six individual maps as an insert within the back
cover pocket.  I forget the date of this edition.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)