Re: Descent into matter

Jul 21, 1996 04:15 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960721214620_76400.1474_HHL69-6@CompuServe.COM>, Jerry
Schueler <76400.1474@compuserve.com> writes
>>What do you think about the notion (which I entertain seriously from
>>time to time) that we may (re)incarnate quite by accident?  Suppose, let
>>us say, that one of the spiritual entities you mention got a bit too
>>close to what is often called the "earth plane" and got sucked in?
>
>       Alan, this suggests the Chaos Factor, which I do
>believe in.  However, the only way to get yourself born onto
>this physical earth into a physical body is desire.

Alan as devil's advocate: Can you support this assertion (which is how
it reads)?

>  Without
>the desire, you just can't make it.  The catch it, desire for
>self-expression is inherent in all beings--its a monadic
>characteristic that sooner or later bites us in the butt, so
>to speak.  So *all* entities get themselves born into matter
>at some point or another.

Another assertion?  If true, why here and not Planet X?  Why a planet at
all?  What happens when this one stops?

>>And are we not all spiritual entitities to begin with?
>
>       Yes, and even the gods must reincarnate
>at some point.

Modesty forbids comment on this ...

>Jerry S.
>Member, TI

Alan :-)
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)